Carly Lance is employed by Personal Bankruptcy Canada, a company dealing with bankruptcy and insolvency dedicated to helping “good people deal with bad debt”.
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Many people today are trying to find ways to cut expenses. You might have mounting debts, or you might have lost your job. Fortunately, with a little discipline, frugal living is possible. Here are a few ways you can live a frugal lifestyle.
1. Do not eat out:You can cook cheap meals at home. Find recipes that require less expensive ingredients, or just make yourself a sandwich. Dining out is more convenient and easier; however, the cost of eating at a restaurant can be substantial. If you do need to eat out, look for coupons, so you can get a discount at the restaurant.
2. Find things to cut: You can cancel your magazine subscriptions, Netflix subscription or your gym membership. You can walk around your neighborhood instead of exercising at the gym, or you can go to the library to read a magazine or check out a movie. If it is not necessary, you do not need it. You will be surprised at how much money you can save.
3. Get rid of your landline phone: In today’s world, most people have cell phones, so the home phone is rarely used. Cell phone companies offer excellent plans, and many companies even provide unlimited minutes and unlimited text messages. You just need to make sure that you find a good cell phone company that provides a plan that works for you. By not having a home phone line, that is one less bill that you will be required to pay.
4. Save on electricity: You can line dry your clothes or use programmable thermostats. Turn off the lights when they are not being used, and unplug electronics at night. Take showers instead of baths, and lower your water heater temperature. You can also lower your electric bill by keeping your refrigerator to between 37 and 40 degrees.
5. Use coupons: Before you go to the store, make a list of things that you need and find coupons. You can find numerous coupons in the newspaper or online. You can also subscribe to coupon sites online, and they will email you special offers. You can also clip out coupons as you find them, and you can use them when needed. Just make sure you use them before they expire. Using coupons can save a great deal of money on your grocery bill.
Financial times are hard; therefore, you need to live below your means, form a budget and decrease your debt level. In order to do this, you must live more frugally. You will then find that your debt will be reduced, and you will can save the extra cash and spend it on other things you want or need.